This is a good place to start to learn more about the IL 83/IL 137 Study. Currently, IDOT is studying potential improvements to approximately 11 miles of IL 83 (Milwaukee Avenue/Barron Boulevard) and IL 137 (Buckley Road) in Lake County. The IL 83/IL 137 study route is located in the communities of Lake Villa, Round Lake Beach, Grayslake, and Libertyville.
In this section, IL 83 and IL 137 carry traffic volumes of 15,000 to 23,000 vehicles per day. IDOT has initiated this study because of the importance of these roadways in serving local and regional traffic.
The existing IL 83 and IL 137 roadway alignments vary
throughout the study area and include:
- Two to five lanes
- Turning lanes to access businesses, residences and
- No shoulder to 8-foot-wide shoulders
- Bicycle paths, sidewalks and pedestrian crosswalks in
study area includes residential, commercial areas, green space and
limited industrial areas. Some notable community features
- Natural areas, including Rollins Savanna Forest
- Cultural resources, including Angola and Avon
- Parks, including Fox Chase Park
Additional community features will be identified during the planning process.